Vintage 2017 – Marie Thibault
Interviewing Marie Thibault
1) Weather during the harvest?
We had 30 mm of water but well placed in July and August…Gathering under good weather with rainy periods – fragile fruits, great heterogeneity (frost) -> very long harvests: few days September 4 to September 20.
2) What are the yields: 10 hl / h
3) General impression of the vintage? Everything will be made for our bubbles and no still wines! Nice juices to make the bubbles but heterogeneities – but very nice results: acidity, and very nice aromatics, but more than half of its grapes … fermentation is going well and so ready not too late
Larger or smaller than last year? much smaller
4) What was the best meal served during the harvest? Summer vegetables and filets mignons with aperitif: bubbles and bulles
5) Which songs or music were popular during the harvest? Songs of the harvesters in the fields