Vintage 2017 – Figuière
1) Weather during the harvest? A very hot and dry season with signs of drought. A lot of wind also, the Mistral. No precipitation from the end of April until the harvest.
2) How was the harvest? Early harvests: start August 13th (usually between the 20th and the 25th)!
Larger or smaller than last year? Smaller
Why? linked to the climatic conditions detailed below.
3) General impression of the vintage? It is still too early to give an organoleptic tendency to wines. We assemble our wines in January: that’s when things come together to make beautiful music!
4) What was the best meal served during the harvest? During our meal at the end of the harvest, where we were 50, we served grilled suckling pig on the spit. With a Jeroboam of Confidential 2015 … it was excellent!
5) Which songs or music were popular during the harvest? Bertrand Belin “Je parle en fou”